Booking Information and Terms & ConditionsWe provide cookery or baking workshops please see the separate Terms and Conditions for Green Cottages Kitchen.
1. To make a bookingPlease telephone us 07973 443527 to check the property is available on the dates you require. We can then hold this provisionally for 3 days giving you time to complete the booking form and send in your payment.
2. Confirming your bookingA deposit of 30% of the weekly rental per week is required to confirm your booking. If however you are booking within 8 weeks of your stay, payment must be made in full when confirming your stay. Please note your stay is not confirmed until you have received written confirmation from us and we reserve the right to refuse any booking before we have issued the written confirmation form.
Your booking is made as a consumer and you agree the owner will not accept liability for expenses, costs, losses, claims or other sums that relate to any business however so suffered or incurred by you. You must be over 21 years of age at the time of making your booking. No students accepted unless by prior arrangement.
As soon as you receive the written confirmation form, you must check it carefully. Any errors must be reported to us immediately.
3. Balance paymentThe balance of your stay is due at least 8 weeks prior to stay commencement. This can be paid by cheque made payable to Monique Bonney and sent to:-
Kent ME9 0PJ
Non Payment of the final balance when it becomes due will constitute cancellation of the stay and forfeiture of the deposit payment. No reminders will be sent out beyond the booking confirmation which advises you of the balance and due date.
4. Cash, credit/debit card paymentsWe accept cash, credit cards (Visa and MasterCard) as well as direct bank transfers. Cheques will be accepted if the cleared funds are received 8 weeks before arrival.
5. Prices/TariffThe prices quoted are in £ sterling and are all inclusive and include Value Added Tax (at 20.0%) where chargeable. Should these rates change or other taxes or levies become due, you may be required to pay the extra amount.
6. Short breaksThese are available out of season (outside of mid July to end of August) and at short notice during the high season, please see our availability and booking page. Usual changeover days Fridays and Mondays, outside of this please enquire. Minimum stay 2 nights unless otherwise stated.
7. Breakage/Damage depositWe require a refundable damage deposit of £100.00. The deposit must be paid at the time of making the final payment of your stay (please note all payments made will be cashed) and will be refunded within 3 weeks of your return provided there is no damage. Any cost of repair or replacement items will be accounted for and deducted from your deposit prior to being refunded. If additional cleaning is required then a suitable charge will be made for this.
8. Brochure detailsThe owners endeavour to ensure the information in the brochure provided is correct. However the information may have changed by the time you book so you must ensure you check all details of your chosen property including prices when you book.
The owners and their agents always try to maintain the very best facilities and services to our guests and changes may have occurred since brochure production.
Occasionally, problems mean some facility or service is either not available or restricted. We will endeavour, as soon as practically possible, to inform the person who booked the stay.
We the owners cannot accept any responsibility for any inaccurate, incomplete or misleading information about any property, its facilities. We will accept responsibility for inaccessibility to any attractions or area amenities mentioned in the brochure.
This brochure superseded all previous editions. Prices and booking conditions may be superseded by subsequent editions.
9. OccupancyYour group must not exceed the maximum number of people the property will sleep as detailed in the website / brochure description. If it does the owner/caretaker can refuse to allow you to take possession of the property or make you leave before the end of the stay. If this happens we will treat your stay as cancelled by you and you will not be entitled to a refund of monies of compensation.
10. SmokingPlease note that in accordance with current legislation, smoking is not permitted at the property.
11. PetsBy prior arrangement the owners can accept 1 small well behaved dog per property. The pet must be declared at the time of booking. If pets are found/suspected where the owners have not been advised and agreed to such a pet/pets we will treat your stay as cancelled by you and you will not be entitled to a refund of monies of compensation. Pets are not permitted in any of the bedrooms or on the sofas. Owners are responsible for disposing of waste appropriately. No pet to be left unattended in the property at any time. An additional pet cleaning fee can be charged, £25 per property.
12. Travel cotsWe have travel cots for use by guests. We do NOT provide linen or additional mattresses (other than the integral base of the travel cot), guests must provide their own linen.
13. HighchairsWe have highchairs, please let us know if you would like to use one during your stay.
14. StairgatesWe have stairgates, they are kept in each cottage.
15. Towels/Linen/Tea towelsLinen, towels and tea towels, but not beach towels. Please note we PROVIDE one towel set (1 hand and 1 bath) per person. Linen is changed between tenancies and weekly during tenancies (unless otherwise agreed).
16. Bicycle hire (when available)Please note we can hire out bicycles on request/when available. Hire charges apply. Guests must bring their own cycle helmets as this is a requirement of our insurers. It is your responsibility to keep the bicycles in good condition and keep them safe. We take no responsibility for any accidents, injuries or deaths whilst using the bicycles. Guests are reminded to take care when cycling, wear appropriate clothing and safety wear including high visibility garments, helmets and use lights.
17. Key collectionYour property is available from 3.00pm on day of arrival and must be vacated by 10.00am on day of departure, unless otherwise stated on your confirmation. Keys are accessed via a lock box however your property will not be guaranteed to be ready before 3.00pm. In some instances we may be able to bring forward the entry time or extend the departure time, however we do require advance notice and we will only be able to confirm we are able to change the times 3 days before stay commencement. Keys must be returned to the lock box. If you do not arrive at the property by 12 noon the following day of your intended arrival and we have not heard from you, your stay will be treated as cancelled.
18. Care of the propertyOur property is lovingly cared for and we ask that you treat them with respect and leave them clean and tidy. Please report any damages/breakages to us or the caretaker or at the very least within 24 hours in order for us to fix/replace these prior to the next guests coming in. Damage/breakages caused through neglect may be charged for, in this case we will contact you.
We the owners are entitled not to let you into the property if we feel for any reason that you or any member of your party are likely to cause any damage to it and are under no obligation to find alternative accommodation for you or your party. You may not allow anyone to stay in the property not included in the booking form, nor may you change the composition of the party radically without notifying us. If you breach any of these rules, the owner is entitled not to hand over the property to you, in which case the stay will be treated as cancelled, with no refund due and the owner is not liable to provide you with alternative accommodation.
19. Special OccasionsNo party, event or gathering may take place at the property which exceeds the maximum agreed occupancy numbers for the property without prior consent. It is also not permitted for any commercial enterprise or supplier of leisure activities to visit the property during your stay without the owner’s consent eg a caterer, magician etc. It is also not permitted for any alcohol to be sold on the premises without permission. Should any of these terms be breached the owner has the right to repossess the property without any compensation or refund due to you or your party.
20. ComplaintsWe work very hard to ensure you have an enjoyable stay.
Any difficulties you have on stay must be reported to the owner/caretaker straight away so that your reasonable expectations may be met. This is the quickest way of resolving problems that might occur. Problems of a transient nature should be raised straight away as they cannot be rectified after your stay.
If still dissatisfied then you must write to us within 28 days of your return, we do not have to look at complaints received after this limit. If you return home before telling anyone of your difficulties and your claim doesn’t involve personal injury/death then we cannot accept any liability.
21. Access to propertyThere will be occasions when we will require access to the property and gardens to carry out repairs, photography, VisitBritain inspections etc. Wherever possible we will advise you as soon as we are aware of the date and time the access is required. We will try to accompany people on their visits. You must allow us/caretaker access to the property during reasonable hours except where an emergency problems need to be remedied immediately and you are out of contact in which case we may enter the property without your prior agreement.
22. Booking cancellation/change of bookingIf you booked through our agents then you must in the first instance contact them. If you booked directly with us we need to be notified by telephone immediately and also in writing. This can only be accepted from the party leader. The amount you are liable for is set out below and depends on when you cancel: Number of weeks before your stay Cancellation charges more than 8 weeks 30%, Less than 8 weeks 100%. If you do not pay the amount due in relation to your booking by the due date (remember, no reminder will be sent) we will assume that you wish to cancel the booking, in which case we will be entitled to keep all of the deposit already paid. If we do not cancel straight away because you have promised to make payment, you will be liable for cancellation charges as per the above table, depending on the date we treat your booking as cancelled. Any amendments or changes to the booking will incur an administration charge of £25 plus VAT
23. Your responsibilitiesThe property cannot be used for any commercial purposes nor sublet or assigned to anyone not accepted by us as a party member.
You are responsible for the property this means you must keep all furnishings and fittings inside and outside the property in a comparable state of repair and condition as at the beginning of the stay. The property cleanliness must be left in the same state as you found it. Breach of these conditions may result in the owner/caretaker making an additional cleaning charge and/or making a claim against you as a result of any damage or loss.
You are responsible to the owner for the actual costs of any breakage or damage along with additional costs that may occur caused by you or any member of your party.
You are expected to show due consideration for other people, not to abuse the property or display rude, dangerous or offensive behaviour towards the owner or caretaker, neighbours or other third party. Possession of the property can be refused or you can be asked to leave before the end of the stay. If this happens we will treat your stay as having been cancelled by you and you will not be entitled to a refund or compensation.
It is your responsibility to check the property meets your needs and we cannot be responsible for ensuring the property is entirely suitable for your needs.
We cannot accept any bookings that are specified to be conditional upon fulfilment of a particular request. It is your responsibility to notify us of any information regarding a medical problem or disability that may affect your stay at the time of booking.
Any Council Tax liabilities that arise during the course of your stay shall be paid by you, our guests. (See clause 5 above).
24. LiabilityWe, the owner shall have no liability for any death or personal injury unless, in case of the owner, it results from the owner’s negligence or that of any employee of the owner (providing they were at the time acting in the course of their employment). You must take all necessary steps to safeguard your personal property. No liability is accepted by the owner in respect of damage to, or loss of, such personal property except, in the case of the owner, where the damage or loss is caused by the negligence of the owner or that of any employee of the owner (providing they were at the time acting in the course of their employment).
25. Access/ParkingParking for this property is “on street” – in front of the property or at the rear in the cul de sac off Fruiterers Close when available. Please do not park on the grass or mount the kerbs around the village green or park on the footpath at the side of Old Post Cottage.
26. Force majeure/Acts of GodCompensation payments will not apply where we cannot fulfil our obligations to our owners due to circumstances beyond our control. This would mean any event we, the owner cannot foresee with all due care, eg riots, war or threat of war, terrorist activity, civil strife, natural or nuclear disaster, industrial dispute, adverse weather conditions, fire epidemic or health risk and similar factors beyond our control.
27. LawThe contract between you and the owner is governed by English Law. Any dispute you have with us or the owners shall be dealt with in an English Court of Law. Your statutory rights are not affected by anything contained within these booking conditions
You can contact us by phone on 07973 443527 or email us firstname.lastname@example.org
By visiting the contact page of this website, you can send us an e-mail with any queries you have, we will contact you straight away.